Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sh4rPEYE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Czech Republic
Hi!
I was waiting since last summer for new MacBooks, because I wanted to buy one but since I'm a student I wanted to wait till a big upgrade comes. The 'big upgrade' I was expecting was the new Broadwel. But now, when I see the benchmarks and so, I start to doubt it's a good idea to buy Mac now.

So, I want to ask if I should buy the Mac now, or wait another year...

Wahlstrm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2013
Hi!
I was waiting since last summer for new MacBooks, because I wanted to buy one but since I'm a student I wanted to wait till a big upgrade comes. The 'big upgrade' I was expecting was the new Broadwel. But now, when I see the benchmarks and so, I start to doubt it's a good idea to buy Mac now.

So, I want to ask if I should buy the Mac now, or wait another year...

How much money will it make you during this year if you buy it?
That´s the only way to tell if its a good investment or not..

If not money, will it bring you happiness?
How much is a year of happiness worth to you?

HD Fboy

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
How much money will it make you during this year if you buy it?
That´s the only way to tell if its a good investment or not..

If not money, will it bring you happiness?
How much is a year of happiness worth to you?

I think the real question you need to ask is how will the current MBP you are considering improve your life and what will the incremental improvement from now until the next version comes out bring to the table over the current model. Until you quantify the differences this decision will make in your lifestyle it will be difficult to make this decision.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I think the real question you need to ask is how will the current MBP you are considering improve your life and what will the incremental improvement from now until the next version comes out bring to the table over the current model. Until you quantify the differences this decision will make in your lifestyle it will be difficult to make this decision.

The really real question is, do you think they’ve made a decision between 2015 and now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.