Is new AirPort update actually a fix or just a new number?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Michael CM1, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I ask this because 7.2.1 was nothing but problems when I tried to hook up multiple HDDs to the 802.11n unit using a USB hub. It was all good with just one hard drive, but I had to revert to 7.1.1 to get multiple disks to work.

THEREFORE, I'm in no hurry to update unless the new version actually fixes something (especially after the month of mess I have had with Leopard 10.5.2 and wireless N). So any feedback is appreciated.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Its been pulled from Apples site - so as of now its neither and nothing:)

4. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

Great. It wasn't pulled in time since my Airport Extreme has been acting up ever since it got installed today. And as a result of the upgrade my Airport Expresses won't work with Itunes either.

Airport Extreme keeps loosing connection with either the modem or my computer. And when I try to look at it with the Airport Utility it keeps wanting to set it up as a new Extreme/Base.

How the $@#$ do I fix this and restore it to an earlier version???

5. zues macrumors newbie

Is there a utility out there for mac's that will give me the name of the airport extreme hub i'm connected to?? Mine drop every now and then, and it would be easier for me to know when to restart it if I knew which one I was connected too... thanks