Is Nike+ move some publicity gag?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by snakes-, Sep 25, 2013.

1. snakes- macrumors regular

Is Nike+ move some publicity gag? there are no downloadlink or advertisement from nike. no release date nothing. Will this be the same crap like at the iPhone 5 Keynote with Clumsy Ninja, some apps that never will be come?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

3. Kemonsterr macrumors 6502

Kemonsterr

I don't think so, Nike and apple have been partners for a bit. But as for the actual app, my best guess is that they're taking the time to work out kinks in iOS 7 so the app can run more smooth :) guess well just wait and see

4. seble macrumors 6502a

Would be nice if they could hyrry up, would quite like to use such an app!

5. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Agreed, if apple announced it for them it should of been released when the i5s got released like infinite blade 3. Now we are all waiting wondering WTH is going on, slowly losing hope for the app. And this wouldn't be the 2nd or 3rd app announced but never released before at apple announcements.. Apple and nike get your stuff together.

6. snakes- thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thx maybe we got some News or answer St Twitter if we ask.

7. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

As a FuelBand wearer, I have payed close attention to Nike as it relates to Apple/iOS.

For many months, the Nike+ FuelBand sync service worked flawlessly. As of about 4 months ago, it started having all kinds of issues. It was going down for maintenance constantly and was generally unreliable. Clearly, they were working on something new/big.

I figured it was FuelBand 2, but now it is clear that Move is the likely culprit. I also believe that they are preparing for an iWatch, which the M7 + Move are obviously a prelude to.

My prediction is that there won't be a FuelBand 2, but rather a stock integration in the iWatch with Nike+ products/services.

In case you aren't aware, Tim Cook sits on the board at Nike.

8. seble macrumors 6502a

I just hope Nike gets off is A** and gets an app out that will take advantage of this 'motion control' in 5S!

9. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

MotionX 24/7 supports it. It's nice to get the same data I used to get from my Jawbone Up, without killing my iPhone battery:

[​IMG]

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motionx-24-7-fitness-weight/id505074676?mt=8

10. seble macrumors 6502a

11. kbuck1984 macrumors member

Just downloaded it. It seems pretty cool and surprisingly it shows me my daily steps data since I purchased the phone last Friday. The M7 seems to be actively logging and storing this information even without an app.

12. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

Not that I've seen, but I haven't done any tests to compare. If I understand the m7 chip correctly, it's on all the time anyway. It shouldn't affect battery noticeably if an app just taps into the feed.

13. snakes- thread starter macrumors regular

No news from nike :( i ask some question at twitter and get no aswer. in the next days i write the support and ask nike+ support for release date nike+ move.

But today i found this app Pedometer++ this is very nice and count your steps from the day and last 7 days.

14. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Nike Move+ became available as of yesterday. Looks pretty cool! The only real problem I have with the concept is that one must carry their iPhone with them for the app to properly track your activity. Who does that? If only Apple had a smaller, wearable device that would automagically speak to the iPhone when they were near each other! C'mon Apple! iWant iWatch!