Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by liam.berlin, May 20, 2015.
Do you think Apple will be updating this because there is a new Trackpad on the new MacBook Pro?
I debated the same thing when getting my Apple Wireless Keyboard because of the rumours of a backlit version. I decided to just get it, and I'm glad I did since the rumours haven't panned out yet.
Basically: Get it if you feel you need it. If you don't need it now, you can wait and see what happens in the near future (possibly past WWDC).
Possibly. But there are two things to consider.
1. Look how long it has taken them to update the keyboard. It still has an eject key despite dropping DVD drives years ago. I suspect they won't be in a hurry on the trackpad.
2. The drive to greater thinness was probably the main factor in the new pad. But this is irrelevant when it comes to the desktop, in fact it could end up being too light and slide around.
Thank you both for your help. Yes I wish the keyboard was backlight!
I feel I need all products! LOL!
i'd say there 'should' be an update 'soon'. so just wait for wwdc, but don't wait too long
things to consider (against an update):
1. macbook airs are now updated, and yet they don't have force touch.
2. backlit is missing from keyboards for YEARS
3. thunderbolt display is yet not updated
so i think apple may NOT apply their latest technology to those accessories as soon as they become available.
and if they update it, i guess the difference will only be a slimmer design and force touch.
force touch is definitely a plus, but not a must
3. Part of me feels a BT Force Touch trackpad would require more power than what 2 AA batteries have available
- Agreed. But they could easily implement another battery technology. Like the layered lithium-ion ones found in the rMB.