Is now a bad time to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redneon, Feb 3, 2010.

  1. redneon macrumors member

    Apr 27, 2006
    One of my workmates has just got a new iPhone 3GS and as my phone contract is just up I'm thinking of phoning up and asking to upgrade too.

    Thing is, I've been informed that there's probably going to be a new iPhone coming out in June so I'm not sure what to do.
  2. eplchamps0305 macrumors member

    Dec 24, 2009
    Why are you not sure what to do? If you want the phone now buy it, if you don't the. Wait. What is there to be sure about. You already know that there is likely to be a new iPhone in June.
  3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000


    Jan 6, 2009
    Washington, DC
    If your current phone works fine now and your not miserable with it then I'd stick it out.
  4. Small White Car macrumors G4

    Small White Car

    Aug 29, 2006
    Washington DC
  5. Private Dirt macrumors regular

    Private Dirt

    Jan 19, 2009
    I have a 3g and my contract is up, I am sticking it out. The only thing you will be buying is a compass and a video recorder. If the vid rec is what you want, buy the $.99 one from the app store, iVideo. It works pretty darn good for a buck.
  6. rwd hero macrumors 6502

    Aug 6, 2008
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Best advice
  7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

    Mad Mac Maniac

    Oct 4, 2007
    A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Why do people keep posting these threads... every day....

    Ok, look. You even said so yourself a new iphone is probably coming out in June (or July). That is most likely true. Judge for yourself. Nobody knows how great the new iphone will be. So are you willing to WAIT 5 MONTHS to get an iphone or just go with the 3GS (a perfectly good iphone) now. You need to make the best decision for YOUR own needs.

    It doesn't matter what I would do or what HE would do, or SHE would do... it's what you need.

    Think of it this way. if you buy now, sure you will miss out on this 4th gen iPhone, but you will be able to upgrade right around when the 5th gen comes out. BUT if you wait till June/July you won't be able to purchase the 5th gen with your upgrade till like Dec/Jan.. putting you in this exact same predicament of buying or waiting. It's a vicious cycle. Decide what's best for you and you won't be disappointed :)
  8. bornblind macrumors 6502


    Nov 19, 2008

    You can always sell it when you new one comes out on fleabay and make enough money back to buy the new one in June.
  9. LoganT macrumors 68020

    Jan 9, 2007

    And even if you are miserable with your phone, you should probably just suck it up.
  10. Justin122 macrumors 6502

    Sep 14, 2008

Share This Page