Is now a good time to buy a Macbook Pro 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Colin0317, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Colin0317 macrumors member

The student promotion is almost over and I would love an iPod touch, but I don't "need" a laptop urgently. Would it be wise to wait? I'm looking at the 2.26 model. I'm asking because I heard of Intel's new chips coming early next year and USB 3.0 coming out anytime too. What do you guys think?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

If you don't need it, you don't need it.

I think that you answered your own question.

3. Colin0317 thread starter macrumors member

I don't "need" it. But I would really enjoy using one. :D

4. razor-sex macrumors member

If your laptop is fine and dose the job it dont think it would be worth upgrading. I have a macbook 4.1 which i am planning on keeping for 2 more years. I mean hell i would love to have a macbook pro and i could get one but no need. Dont change some thing untill it broken or no longer for fill's your needs.

5. illidian macrumors 6502

Do an iPod Touch and a better computer now outweigh some minor bumps for the future?

With the iPod promotion, now is a fantastic time to buy in general. But you have to decide when the best time for you is.

6. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Also you can resell the Ipod Touch so you can remove 200$ from your mbp price. It won't be as cheap as now until at least next summer.

7. Colin0317 thread starter macrumors member

that is a good point. Is the Ipod touch good if I want to use it mostly just for the apps?

8. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

If you can wait for the laptop then I would wait.... Next summer Apple will have the same deal they've had for the past (as long as I can remember) where you'll get a free iPod (of some sort) with the purchase of a macbook...

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Instead of spending $1500 for a laptop and an iPod touch, keep your current computer (which you said is good enough) and spend $200 on an iPod touch.

But... may not even want to do that now, since there are almost certainly new iPod models coming out next week.

10. Masters512 macrumors member

Masters512

okay, speaking from my friend's experience and my own experience, apple has this really big reputation for selling a product several hundred dollars cheaper every few months AND on top of that, improving it in a big way somehow, basically, just save your money till apple makes the macbooks better and cheaper, its just a matter of a few months and with the holidays around the corner, you can almost count on that. seriously, if I had just waited a couple of months, i would have gotten 2 more gigs of RAM, a better graphics card, a battery that lasts twice as long, and all for 300 dollars cheaper.... :rolleyes:

11. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

If you don't need a new laptop, then don't bother.

Just wait till the new iPod Touch comes out. Not to mention, if you want new features in a machine, why not wait?

Next summer you could get yourself the next generation Macbook with the upcoming iPod Touch.

End of the day, it depends what you want to do with your money