Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr face puncher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
if you didnt have one would you buy one around this time? I wanna buy my first apple computer but i dont wanna get out dated in a few months

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Buy now. They're not going to update the MBP's again until next year. I say this because they still got to refresh the iPod, and iMac (and hopefully MP and MPA) lines, which were both updated before the current MacBook Pro's.

So go right ahead, no worries. :)

mr face puncher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
yeah your right, plus the just released the ipad now that i think of it they might wanna give it some time to breathe. thanks

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
There are many threads on this, but basically, like the above poster said, they won't be updated soon. Plus, a simple rule with computers is that it is obsolete as soon as you buy it. That's just kinda how it works, I wouldn't worry about upgrades unless it is long overdue (currently not), or if there is some brand new technology out there that apple is likely to use (nothing like that on the current horizon)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.