Is now a good time to buy a MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by modelbehaviour, Jan 3, 2012.

1. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I currently have a 4 year old white MacBook which is getting a little tired. It's slowed down quite a lot and it's 120GB hard drive is constantly full.

I'm planning on getting a new MBP, I have the money now but I wonder if it's worth waiting a few months before buying? I have a desktop and an iPad to keep me going and I plan on getting the new iPad when it comes out, but If theres going to be a design refresh on the MBP I'd prefer to wait for that. I can realistically wait until September/October time - is there likely to be an update before then?

2. Liquinn Suspended

Ivy Bridge gets released on April 8th apparently; which is 13 weeks Sunday; so we should see an update between then and the end of May.

Hope this helps :)

3. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

I'm in the same boat and have decided to hold out for the refresh. Unless the new design is earth-shaking, I plan to purchase a refurb which should see an additional discount when the new model is released.

4. macfan74318 macrumors member

I am going for a February 15 Macbook Pro (2.2 i7). I am only doing this because I need more power and I got a good deal. I know you probably heard this already but if you can wait then wait but if you cant then get a new model.

Hope this helps,
    Macfan74318

5. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Back-up your data, do a clean install of the OS and use your current machine until the new Macbook Pro's are released, I believe it would be worth the wait.