Is October now THE iphone month?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjustmeee, Oct 5, 2011.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing the reason that apple broke the summer iphone release schedule and pushed it back to october was to not piss off the newer Verizon customers who bought a new phone and had a newer, better one come out just a few months later. I'm wondering if from now on we'll be seeing all iphone announcements in october. Does anyone think they'll ever go back to june/july??

That has a lot to do with whether I upgrade or not. I'm happy with my iphone 4, but I would probably get the 4S if it's going to be another full year until we'll see the 5.

2. utl768 macrumors 6502

hopefully

since itll piss everyone off if they go to the 5 in june

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I was wondering this myself.

There's no way for us to KNOW, but I'm guessing the iPhone will be their new pre-holiday season announcement, like it was this year. Typically this has been reserved for iPods, but they didn't release any new iPods this year! Instead, they refreshed some oldies, made some price adjustments, etc. My guess is that this is the new iPhone / iPod season, and I would not be shocked if eventually the iPad fell into the same timeframe. EVENTUALLY being the key word. I'm sure Apple would like it if hot new iPads hit the shelves right before the holiday season.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems to make sense having new iPads and iPhones come out 6 months apart, especially given manufacturing constraints.

5. yanki01 macrumors 68030

yanki01

6. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I sure hope that they do stick with some sort of of schedule. There's always a lot of talk here on the forums and various tech sites about some "special ipad retina display before christmas" or "this or that iphone in a couple of months". It's really nice to know that you have the latest model at least for a year!

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

It looks like Apple might have way more inventory ready than normal for an iPhone launch.

The initial launch will be in 7 countries (instead of 4 countries for the iPhone 4), and two weeks later, they go to 22 more countries. It took over a month for the iPhone 4 to hit additional countries, and there was only 18 of them then.

To me, it's like the iPhone 4s was ready at it's regular June time, except instead of launching it in June like normal, they've spent the last 3 months stock piling a huge inventory for a "better launch" (i.e. less waiting, hopefully).