Is Office for Mac under as much development as it is for Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DramaLLama, Jan 26, 2014.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

I'm wondering if the Mac support for Office programs (word, powerpoint, etc..) are under as much development as they are for the windows version of those programs.. probably not, but do you think they are neglecting Mac users or do we have all the capabilities Windows does? (maybe with the exception of office 2013).. Is there development on an office 2014 or something for mac?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I believe that the Windows versions nowadays have more features than the Mac.
    Sadly some key apps were originally developed for Mac back in the eighties…Excel

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

The Mac Business Unit of MS (the group that develops Office for Mac) is far smaller in size that the Office for Windows group. There isn’t going to be any equality in development efforts.

There is in no way feature parity or even interface parity. They are different products. Heck, MS office includes different programs, many of which are not available for the Mac at all.

Nothing has been formally announced so there is no way we can know for sure, but Office for Mac has for a long time been one year version off from the Windows version so this would be the year it would be out if it is.

4. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

Sometimes I'll get a Word doc created in Windows and when I open and print using Office for MAC 2011 there are problems with margins or page breaks. Frustrating.