Is old iPhone 2G stock haedphones compatible with the iphone 3Gs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bdubb, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Bdubb macrumors regular

Mar 18, 2010
    I had a great iphone 2G for 2.5 years, I loved the thing, kept everything in great shape.

Just earlier this week I dropped it (quite gently mind you) on the hardwood floor in my room.

I picked it up, things seemed fine, but then I noticed the bottom half of the touch sensors were gone, I couldn't even "slide to unlock" long story short...

the repairs would cost me a lot, so I decided to go and get a second hand 3Gs instead, I am on a budget, I found a decent used 3Gs but it does not come with any accessories, I have a 2G dock which I have to modify to fit the 3Gs, (not sure if anybody is against recommending that) and more importantly

I have the original recessed apple earbuds for the 2G that I use quite often in the last 2.5 years.

So now: Do I have to spend another 50-60 bucks for headphones or those will work? I know 2G doesn't accept anything that's not recessed but is it true for vice versa?

Anybody can please help me with this, will appreciate it, and I apologize in advanced if this has been discussed before, I did browse all the "Headphone" related threads in the last half hour and I couldn't find an answer or anything directly related to this topic.
  2. Bdubb thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 18, 2010
    Can anyone confirm if the old iPhone 2G headphones insert properly to the iPhone 3G/3Gs headphone jacks without any issues? Please?

And does the mic and everything else work also?