iPhone Is one tweak that does lots of things better than several dedicated tweaks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Resqu2, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I just purchased Springtomize 3 and was able to delete several dedicated tweaks. Was just curious if one way or the other was better performance/battery wise?

2. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

Sometimes dedicated tweaks are better, but in the case of Springtomize, it does lots of things really well.

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

the tweaks do the same thing, so should not be any real difference in battery usage. plus it's great to have less apps, and one place to do many things...

4. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I have not jailbroken my 6+ yet, but, with iPhone 5, I did use Springtomize 2 and it was amazing. It eliminated at least 6-7 dedicated tweaks and was very stable.

5. cymolia macrumors 6502a

They both change the same system files, so i dont see any difference in having a bunch of dedicated tweaks vs Springtomize/Mikoto etc

6. MoneyMaker79 Guest

Less clutter and confusion on if it is iOS 8 compatible or not.

7. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

I assumed someone would mention this point of view, but I think it is better to have less tweaks - therefore more consolidated ones (housing many tweaks - like springtomize), because I think it's better to have the coding of one person, or at least overlook of one person rather than many different. Keeps things more efficient, and less likely to have incompatibility issues or overlap errors.

8. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

someone did mention that

9. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Not in the same manner I did though. Same basic point though, you're right.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

sprintomize does what many other individual tweaks do, the think with springtomize is its premium and most of the tweaks it replaces are free, so its really jsut the convienece of only needing one tweak installed with all the settings in one spot

11. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

The consensus is springtomize. It's awesome. Maybe activator too