Is Online Inventory Definite??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BG-Mac, Jul 19, 2008.

1. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

My local Apple store shows the iPhone in stock so I called about 30min. before they opened. The guy who answered said they were out of stock. So should I go down there or what? Is the online system sometimes wrong?

2. Type121 macrumors regular

It's not that it's wrong so much as it's only a snapshot of what the store had at close the previous day. So you called, based on the online system showing stock available, but the store guy says they're out before they even opened. What probably happened is that the line is already long enough to account for what they have. Technically, yes, they have phones, but you will be too far back in line to get one. Happened to me yesterday. The store had phones, but even though I got there more than an hour before they opened, there were already 40 people in front of me.

That said, three of the stores around me seem to get stock in a few times daily. You just have to be there and in line when the truck shows up.

3. zkaudio macrumors member

I'd really like a new iphone but can't wait in a line, any idea when these lines will go down?

I can't help think apple is intentionally creating these lines by only sending phones to 1 store in a major area instead of all.. for example, the apple store in manhattan beach got a shipment of phones a few days ago but none of the other stores, century city, santa monica, etc had stock...

4. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Go to this link, It updates throughout the day. I have been tracking North Star and La Cantera Apple stores in San Antonio texas. 2 hours ago, La Cantera showed no Iphone 3G, but now they are showing 8G available. So the link might not be updating in real time but it is updated every hour.

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/feeds/3g_us_inv.json