Is Oracle Slacking on OS X version?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacVault, Apr 18, 2007.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

I just noticed Oracle Database 10g Release 2 is available for just about all platforms except Mac OS X. Why is this? Is Oracle still committed to Mac OS X?

I also just noticed there is no Mac OS X version of the Oracle 10g Express Edition (free edition). What gives!? Must I really fire up Windows to start learning Oracle? WTF!? Macs SUCK! Apple is teh DOOOMED! :mad:

2. erikamsterdam macrumors regular

erikamsterdam

No, you can also fire up a real OS, like Linux. Or run it under Linux in Parallels. No need to flirt with the Evil Empire :D

3. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Yea, go to the Oracle / Mac site and read the comments on the boards. I wonder why Oracle is treating the largest *NIX installed base on the planet like a VMS platform. No offical Tiger build, no Intel or Universal version, older version, no patches, crippled tools. Oracle should just stop supporting the Mac if they are going to be this bad. Didn't DB2 and Sybase get ported to the Mac? I can't remember or maybe that was Linux.

4. MacVault thread starter macrumors 65816

Damn! :mad: I'm sick of Mac OS X getting the shaft! But yea... if a company isn't going to fully commit to Mac OS X - like 100% feature parity, etc... then they should just make it cut and dry and not support them at all! F@%!K :mad: This pisses me off SOOO BAD! Oh, but I should be use to it by now... Microsoft gives us the shaft with Office, IE, WMP, etc. Intuit gives us the $haft with Quicken. Now freeking Oracle I can add to the list! What a bunch of cRaP! :mad:

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Sort of was down hill since Larry Ellision, Oracle CEO, resigned from Apple's board in 2002. Might be the reason why.