Is password problem a MobileMe problem?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by hedgehogmac, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hedgehogmac macrumors member

when I try to login to MobileMe I can sort of, but only get "there was a problem with the sync operation .mac login failed". It works from another user account, but I notice that (with both users) the login preference pane keeps changing my password. Is this a MobileMe problem or something to do with my computer? Previously I deleted all the dotmac plist files and it synced perfectly, but later in the day stopped working again. Any idea on the password issue? Is this the problem? It is correct in my keychain. Seems like I might need to delete a password plist file? I don't know. otherwise MobileMe email and ipod syncing works perfectly - just can't sync contacts and calendar on my macbook

2. tsvb macrumors 6502

Yeah I mean somewhere along the line it looks like your computer is trying to log into mobileme and it is using the wrong password. I would just take a look through your mobileme settings in system prefs.

3. hedgehogmac thread starter macrumors member

thanks for making a suggestion but no luck there - I am on tiger .mac preference pane by the way. And if Apple don't make a mobileme updater available for Tiger my love affair with apple will be coming to an end I think!