is Personal Organizer 4.5 compatible with Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by malch, Jan 4, 2010.

1. malch macrumors 6502

Hi there,
    Does anyone know if Personal Organizer 4.5 is compatible with Snow Leopard?
    Chronos long ago replaced it with something else, that most people hated. I've been able to keep using Personal Organizer, right up to where I am now, at 10.5.8.
    Before I make the switch to Snow Leopard, I'd love to know if I'll be able to keep using it.
    Thanks for any advice,
    malch

2. mscott123 macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same exact thing. Does Chronos Personal Organizer 4.5 work with the new Snow Leopard? If anyone knows how to find out that would be great. Chronos indicated on their website that is hasn't been tested. So we would really like to know if someone has used it on Snow Leopard and if it's working OK.

Thanks!
    Michael

3. malch thread starter macrumors 6502

For those of you who don't know it, Personal Organizer is ('was', if it'll no longer work) one of the best calendar/organizers out there, in my experience. Abandoned by Chronos and replaced with something else that offended everyone who tried it (Chronos shut down the user forum, if I recall correctly, because of all the anger directed their way), it's been a wonderful thing to see it continue to work, from Tiger to Leopard.
    Question is... Snow Leopard.
    If anyone can answer that question, great.
    If the answer is no, by the way, I'd love some recommendations re what might be the best alternative.
    Thanks again, malch

4. malch thread starter macrumors 6502

Just to let you know... I upgraded to Snow Leopard, and Personal Organizer still seems to run just fine.
    Good news to those of us who haven't yet been able to find a better calendar/organizer for the Mac.
    Cheers, malch

5. scy macrumors newbie

Chronos/ personal organizer

fyi/ personal organizer works fine with snow leopard. I'm wondering if it will work with Lion....

6. malch thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not on Lion yet... Are you, scy?
    If so, have you given Personal Organizer a try?
    Or did I hear the Lion won't have Rosetta, and so therefore won't run old apps like Personal Organizer?
    That would be too bad. I wouldn't mind if I'd come across a calendar program as good as the old Personal Organizer... but I haven't!

7. scy macrumors newbie

I'll wait on Lion. I'm still using the original Personal Organizer and Quicken..
    Would do the partition bit on one computer just to be able to access data for the personal organizer, but not sure I know how to do it, without reformatting the hard drive, and I don't feel like doing that either.

I'm resigned to the fact quicken is done, but personal organizer is a problem; I did not like the replacement chronos came up with for that one.. which was the one before Soho organizer.. haven't tried soho organizer either.. not much faith in Chronos anymore.

8. malch thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, this was a classic case of one step forward, two steps back for Chronos. I don't know if I would like the new SOHO Organizer; maybe, now that it's version 9, they've worked out all the bugs. The problem for me is that I have so many years' worth of calendar entries in their old Personal Organizer app. There's a way to export all the data, and then import it into SOHO Organizer, but it sounds complicated. If you're interested in doing it, I'll send you the notes I've gathered on the subject.
    If I do it before you, I'll post back.
    Regards,
    malch

9. scy macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I saw the instructions from an email that was sent told customers. Too complicated. Maybe something has changed re partitioning a hard disk.. old school is I'd have to reformat/erase the current drive; do you know if that is still the case? SCY

10. permco2 macrumors newbie

Soho Organizer

I too have been using Personal organizer since the dawn of time. I got to it after ACT stopped supported us Mac-ies. I use it for business and bought Soho Organizer because I was afraid of losing the ability to use Personal Organizer.
    It isn't a bad program. It allows easy searching and synchs with the address book - but - and for me this is a very big but - printing seems to ONLY be in .pdf format. I used to be able to print any template I created in PO, copy and then paste it to excel and then manipulate any way I wanted to. I cannot do this at all with Soho. I miss the ability to print, copy and past in another program. It really limits the usefulness of Soho for me.

Question: Can Soho be used on an ipad?? Can it go up to the cloud? (I'm new to the cloud stuff, so , I may not be asking the question appropriately.