Is phone supposed to ring if I'm wearing watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nippyjun, Apr 28, 2015.

1. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Hi,
    I thought that if you get an incoming call and are wearing the watch, the phone is not supposed to ring. Is there a setting for this beside muting the phone? I want my watch to ring or tap me that there is an incoming call and not get the ring on my phone at the same time.

Thanks.

2. zfoster13 macrumors member

zfoster13

I'm pretty sure the phone will ring if you don't have it set on mute. You could just keep your phone on mute if you don't want to hear the ringtone from it.

3. nippyjun thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I'll use mute for now. I was just wondering if I was missing a setting. Maybe in a future update.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Depends. Go to notifications section in the apple watch app. Is it set to "Mirror my phone"? If so, whatever your phone does so will your watch unless you choose custom.

5. nippyjun thread starter macrumors 65816

I tried it both ways, mirror and custom (with sounds off); didn't make a difference. The phone itself rings either way.

6. typicaluser macrumors regular

Yes, I found the same. And I have got no idea what the RONGTONE (see in the pic) settings mean under Phone in the Apple Watch app.

Attached Files:

7. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

Yes, the phone will ring even when it is connected to the watch. I wanted silent ringing without putting everything on mute, so I created a custom ring tone with a few seconds of silence using GarageBand. That is my ring tone now.

8. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I would assume Alerts is missed calls, voicemails and such and Ringtones is actual incoming calls?