Is Photoshop better on Macs than PCs?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by taranu, Apr 18, 2007.

1. taranu macrumors newbie

Hi I'm a Mac user, and some people say that there is not much of difference between Photoshop on a Mac and a PC.
    Is that true? :confused:

2. marvinsum macrumors member

There used to be a huge difference back in those days. Macs were great for content creation and rich media. But now? They're more or less the same.

I would still use the Mac because it makes me more productive.

3. taranu thread starter macrumors newbie

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Macs are better at allocating RAM and multitasking; with a mac that has enough memory, you can easily have Photoshop running while doing other tasks, but this is not the case on Windows :)

5. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

i found photoshop easier to use on mac than pc and smoother running. And now that i have Photoshop extended CS3 there was a new switch in the performance settings that said to the effect that i had a GMA 950 and it could enable 3D acceleration, so i done this and what a boost i got from it, rendering and even brushes all seem smoother and faster and everything is just genuinely better.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The main idea of an OS is for the end user to not even think of it. Therefor it is just easier to run on a Mac as you are not constantly reminded that windows needs attention. This leaves me with more time to do my work

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I think so. I learned (i.e., self-taught) on a PC with photoshop 6 (or 7, can't remember now) and when I finally got to use photoshop on a mac it was much better. Mostly just because I didn't have to obsessively save save save for fear of the system crashing and losing my stuff. Now I get angry about having to reboot once every couple of months because I have to save tons of things I have open in photoshop. :p

Then again, I'm bias and think almost everything is better on a mac.

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Which of course it is. ;) :D :cool:

9. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I always find it funny how people come onto Macrumors and ask is the Mac better than PC. You are going to get the most biased opinion around asking those questions.

As far as photoshop in concerned; I think it is better integrated with the OS on the Mac and working with other applications is easier. On the whole the two applications are almost identical between Mac and PC now.