Is Playing Games on the Touch Easy/Fun?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by $MacUser$, May 29, 2010.

1. $MacUser$ macrumors 6502

I'm putting strong thought into picking up a touch, as I like games like Bryce Manor and Zombies vs. Plants. I think it'd be fun to have.

My only reservation is the touch screen interface. I have a touch screen on my enV Touch, which works out fine, but to me, it seems playing some games would be difficult/tedious with a touch screen.

Is this the case, or does the Touch provide an enjoyable gaming experience?

2. $MacUser$ thread starter macrumors 6502

Somebody has to have played games on the ipod touch... :confused:

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I think it is a pretty decent gaming experience all things considered, for some virtual D-Pads, buttons, dual sticks etc are not quite as usable as the real thing but most touch screen controls schemes within current appstore games are quite precise and functional and quite a few even offer a selection of different control options so you can find one that best suits you.

Sometimes Games which are ported from other platforms can be a bit dodgy but it has been a long time since I picked up a game that was frustrating or unplayable due to the controls.

Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor is a brilliant game and really showcases how well a properly implemented control scheme can work with just a touch screen. Even first person shooters which in the early days were pretty much crippled without analogue controls have evolved to find control schemes that work extremely smoothly.