iPhone Is possible to remove stock wallpapers and add these?

Discussion in 'UI Customization' started by yungskeeme, Sep 29, 2013.

1. yungskeeme macrumors regular

yungskeeme

I have the iPhone 5s and I'm not liking the wallpapers that came with ios7. The wallpapers I use have been downloaded from these forums. Two questions...

1) Can I remove the stock wallpapers? (Reason: to save space and add my own)

2) When I download a wallpaper from these forums they show up under my camera roll. Anyway to have them shown under other wallpaper?

2. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

To the first question: you can't remove them. I can say however, they don't take up much space overall, less than a couple megabytes each.

And for the second: also no. You can't add your photos to the wallpapers folder.

If you were jail broken, both would be easy things to do, but there is not a jailbreak option yet for that firmware.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The stock wallpapers are kept on the OS partition and take up no space that would otherwise be used for iTunes media. You can select any photo in your photos app to be used as a wallpaper. Once set as the current wallpaper, you may delete it from your camera roll without causing any problems.

4. yungskeeme thread starter macrumors regular

yungskeeme