Is possible to uninstall preinstalled applications (like Safari) on iPhone 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacRumors' FAN, Nov 12, 2014.

1. MacRumors' FAN macrumors regular

Dear friends,
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus uploaded at 8.1. Is possible to uninstall preinstalled applications (like Safari)?

2. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

3. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

Is possible to uninstall preinstalled applications (like Safari) on iPhone 6 Plus?

Dear friends,
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus uploaded at 8.1. Is possible to uninstall preinstalled applications (like Safari)?

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

you were clear, and the answer has always been.......no. they are core OS applications.

5. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Nope. No way to get rid of safari, mail, or any of the other base apple apps.

You can get substitutes for every one of them that may work better though.

6. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

Are you sure at 100%? For me it is necessary to know this. Thank you in advance.

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

8. AddisonIII macrumors regular

I believe you will find that not possible, since Safari updates come with new iOS update. If Safari isn't working you might fix it by doing a restore. In the past doing that worked for me.

9. ET3SW macrumors regular

No you cannot uninstall core applications

10. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

I have just read it is possible... it seems strange.
    Please help me!

11. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

12. ET3SW macrumors regular

You cannot delete it...You read wrong.

At most you can DISABLE some of them by using parental controls but they are still installed

13. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean saying DISABLE?

14. ET3SW macrumors regular

I mean DISABLE

Another words to make it no worky

15. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

And how can I disable Safari?

16. ET3SW macrumors regular

Settings > General > Restrictions

17. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Go to general, parental limits, and then restrictions, and disable it.

18. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

19. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Easy. Why should we be required to keep apps on our devices that we never, ever use? Some, like Stocks, I've never once opened since my first iPhone in 2007. Others, like Reminders, Calendar, and Notes, I've found replacements for that are significant upgrades over Apple's versions. With iOS 8, Apple saw fit to add Podcasts, Tips, and iBooks as mandatory rather than optional downloads; more bloatware that's of zero use to some people.

Unfortunately, there's no way to remove any of these. If you use them, great, but if not, all you can do is toss them into a folder you never open and pretend they don't exist.

20. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I believe you can "hide" Safari using Settings - General - Restrictions but I haven't played with doing that for some time (but the Restrictions panel is still in settings)

21. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

Not possible. The reason those applications can't be deleted is because there are other references throughout the operating system to them. Kind of like Windows and Internet Explorer.

You may not use the apps, but other settings/apps hook into them.

Put them into a folder.

22. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

I hate how on ios 8 it came with some additional pre-installed apps like podcasts, ibooks, etc. I never use them and don't like that they take up storage space, even if it's only a little. Hope Apple doesn't go the Samsung route.

23. 1988crw@ macrumors newbie

upload_2017-8-3_9-4-12.png
    --- Post Merged, Aug 3, 2017 ---
    if you are having issues suddenly with your Iph (i have a 5s) it is the update from iOS area not your ph or your service...
    try to uninstall the Safari...its real simple if you follow the earlier steps, on Step 5 just slide the Green lighted oval button Left...
    than uninstall Face Book(they screwed up the update ,not allowing for FB or Safari, so you have to uninstall)... than do the soft reset by holding (older ph like mine) top button that turns off the ph at the same time you hold the button you use for SERI(Sustainable Electronics Recycling International)... do not let go until you see the Apple logo ... that should update your ph properly ,or clear it of crap ... than reinstall Safari and FB and hopefully your battery life should go back to normal...
    HOPE this helps ...