Is Power Support better than all other films (for the front)?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by c073186, Jul 13, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I see a number of posts by people saying they will buy InvisibleShield or something else for the back and then Power Support for the front. Why not use InvisibleShield's front also? Is Power Support's film the best that there is and it's just that they don't make a back one? I'm just trying to understand.

2. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

A lot of people (me included) don't like the fact that you have to add a liquid to make it stick for fear of sticky residue when removed. The PS crystal film does the trick without it.

3. InTheAir macrumors regular

4. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

I had invisible shield on my original iphone.
    it provided good protection, but the finish of it was like an orange peel. also, it didnt connect under the home button, so it tended to peel up a little there. also, it attracted lint and dirt.

i have the power support crystal whatever the name is on my iphone 3g and it is much better. cant even tell its on there. goes on easy. no water needed (unlike I.S.) and it connects under the home button.

the only place i feel invisible shield is superior is that it was less susceptible to finger print smudges than the power support; however, they are both more resistant to smudging that a naked iphone.

5. meagain macrumors 68030

Yes. The best IMO. Same as the glass. Really.

NYR - does the 3g fit on your 3g well? I have it and dry fitted it and find it cut more narrow than the 2g for the 2g phone.

6. SPeditor macrumors regular

7. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow I had no idea that some of these films require liquid to adhere. So, does that include the InvisibleShield, BodyGuardz, and Ghost Armour? All of those require liquid? If so I think I may go with the Power Support and skip the back film altogether.

8. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

I picked up a Power Support film (Anti-Glare) because it used static-cling instead of a water/soap mixture..

I don't like putting water on my Apple-Gadgets.. I ordered a BestEverSkin for my iPod Classic and applyied it (though with VERY little water) and took it off after 12 hours... Did'nt liked it and my gadget shouldnt be covered by water-sticky-adhere.. So peel'd it off, and now my Classic is naked :)

Take the PS film.. Wheater you are going with the Crystal or Anti-Glare

(Sorry for all the typos :rolleyes: )

9. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I put the IS on the back of my touch...looks great and protects very well. It wasn't super easy to get on perfectly. I wouldn't really want to put it on the front for said reasons.

10. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't have experience with either but I am going with the crystal version because I want it to be as close to nothing as possible and I think that the anti-glare version has the potential to be more noticeable.

11. iVoid macrumors 65816

12. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

fits almost perfectly. maybe a millimeter (if that) of exposed glass all around.

also to ensure you wont have any dust land on your screen as youre trying to apply it, go into your bathroom, turn on the shower to the hottest setting. let it get all steamy. turn it off, and go apply the power support crystal. the steam makes all the dust in the air settle.

13. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Also, shut off your A/C if it is on as it blows dust around.

I have applied the Power film to three phones and it came out perfect except one. It was cut a little off and the company sent me a new one (it arrived in two days). Just had to send them the receipt from Apple to prove I bought it.

I think these are the best for the screen. My buddy bought another brand and it had a rainbow look to it at an angle, but not with this film. Get it, it also makes the screen feel better (finger slides around better).

14. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

good point with the a/c.
    i also at first applied mine a little off center, but i didnt have to get a new one...all i did was take some scotch tape, apply it to the corner of the PS crystal, and lifted it right off, the re centered and it reapplied just as good as the first time.

15. havenhamilton macrumors 6502

im going to get one but I know i'm so bad at applying things like this. the one i put on my nintendo ds looks horrible

16. mybluesky macrumors newbie

17. devvoid macrumors member

Has anyone been able to find the anti-glare version on the Apple Store online? I can't find it anywhere, but they had it in the store :( Just were sold out

18. meagain macrumors 68030

YES the glass is a different size from the old one. One just has to look at it on the net

19. fatalcure macrumors newbie

never heard of power support, good to know...
    i used the invisible shield on my treo 700, it worked well for a while, till the edges started to peel and accumulate dust/lint, so i peeled it all off from the case. After about a year the screen is still protected w/ the shield but now when i move my nail over it (with the intent to scrath it), it scratches it very easily and the marks can be seen...maybe it just needs a good wiping/cleaning.

I ordered the IS front for my iphone 3g tho...didn't know about the other brands.