Is pre-order the only way to get one?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TriApple, Sep 22, 2016.

1. TriApple macrumors member

BestBuy has stock.. but wont sell it to the 28th.... apple store seemingly has none... Craigslist has none... how are people getting them??

2. warburg macrumors 6502

They are ordering them online from Apple, of course. It's not a preorder any longer. It's simply an order.

3. ibitegirls macrumors newbie

ibitegirls

target randomly gets stock. i was able to procure one by checking store inventory in the mornings... but only one store within 50 miles had it.. and it was the only one they had in stock. so good luck!

4. Molson1020 macrumors regular

Got mine at Target by checking stock in the mornings as well. Usually would see stores have 3 or 4 in stock.

5. Kansastronaut macrumors newbie

On Tuesday my Best Buy let me order one in store for pick up on Friday. It was shipped to the store and I picked it up today.

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Honestly, Apple will quickly pick up the stock supply soon. You would be surprised how inventory can change in a week.

7. leenak macrumors 68020

Got mine from an Apple Store a couple days ago

8. Chris31876 macrumors regular

Not true. I went to Best Buy yesterday and
    Ordered one and today I received it. I order the space black with woven band series 2 42mm I love it so far

9. Gewch macrumors member

Who do I ask to place the order in store? I was in tonight and they just directed me to their website. The only Pre Order aluminum option was the 38mm...all the 42's said Coming Soon.

10. Chris31876 macrumors regular

Well I work their so was easy but had to have it requested from our main warehouse. But if you go into store tell them you want to do an OMS order and just give them the sku they can order them. I did one today for a customer he will have it on Monday.

11. Gewch macrumors member

Thanks for this! :)

12. blwade macrumors 6502

What is this OMS order? And anyone can walk in and request it?

13. leenak, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

leenak macrumors 68020

Also people have been buying at Best Buy and checking stock at their local Best Buys via the website. I checked stock of my local Apple Stores via the website and that's how I got mine.

14. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I just walked into an Apple Store and got one. Easy enough.

15. blwade macrumors 6502

Based on your name, I assume you are in the UK?

Have you looked at the stock difference between the UK and USA on istocknow? I was jealous when I saw how much stock the UK had for watches...

16. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I've no idea what that even is!

To be fair I was being a bit mean - I happened to be in Newcastle and it was at the Gateshead store which is in a fairy crap shopping centre so the traffic would have been much less.

17. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I seem to remember that happening with the first gen. Limited availability at first and then BOOM - everything was in stock everywhere.

I reckoned it was all the folks who'd ordered in three different places (probably at 3AM, ;)). They got their first order delivered and promptly cancelled their other orders. That instantly freed-up stock for everyone else.

18. blwade macrumors 6502

www.istocknow.com It tracks inventory of watches and phones... specifically around releases. There are more locations popping up with watches today, but still no love for the South :( (Yesterday was far worse across our country! But Europe looked like you atleast had some options...)

19. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Ah yes I see Gateshead still has stock today. And nowhere globally has the jet black 7+ 128GB!

20. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Yesterday, I did the bestbuy.com search for "Apple Watch Series 2" then did pick up today tab on the top. It showed series 1 for most of the stores but one store near me showed one series 2 but would not let me buy it online. I went to the store and asked for it directly and the guy went straight to the lock up area and grabbed it out. There were two more just like it. Silver aluminum with white band. No issues at all when checking out. I am wearing it today!! St. Matthews store in Louisville for anyone close.

21. mlw4411 macrumors member

I just bought one, silver white sport 38 online for in store pick up today. Germantown Tn. if anybody is in my area. I was there this morning and they didn't have any in stock. They just appeared on line for pick up about 2:00, already received my email saying its ready for pickup!

22. ariel484 macrumors newbie

I have 3 Apple stores near me and today all 3 had the watch I wanted (38mm S2 Silver aluminum) in stock - I was able to pick one up and cancel my online order. Now all of the stores say they don't have them. Keep checking the app and check a few times each time!