Is preordering iPhone 4 a joke??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ASTMedic, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ASTMedic macrumors newbie

So at the bottom of my email saying my iPhone 4 will be waiting for me on launch day I see this:

"Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

WTF is this? So I'm still going to have to wait in line and there still my not be enough? Why does the email say my reservation is good till the end of day on June 24th then?

2. dmx macrumors 6502

I'm not positive - but it may just be saying that if they have a problem for some reason charging your credit card at the store - you won't get the phone.

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Its saying what it means: If you dont get in line to get it on the 24th your SOL. You may need to plan another reservation for the next day. Its a hit or miss.

4. ASTMedic thread starter macrumors newbie

But it says first come first served. As in 'if we only have 100 and you're not the first 100 in line you're screwed, reservation or not'.

Its a moot point now since I was able to palace an order about 30 min ago for home delivery.:cool: