Is Push Notification for Apps getting better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jon-Luke, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

For days nothing... And then today three push messages from the AP News App. Has anyone else had the same experience? Is this maybe country and carrier specific? (I'm on Vodacom here). Has anyone else had more push messages from AP.

Also I quite like the push tone that is used, is that application specific or is it sitting somewhere in our settings and can it be used for other things like text messages for example?

:rolleyes::apple:

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

AP Mobile seems to be sketchy with push, but IM+ and others have been doing just fine for me.

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Still waiting on either facebook, ESPN or gmail pushing (either native app, or through the mail app).

Kinda bummed that there's no push for my particular use case - pretty anti-climatic, if you ask me.

4. Rootus macrumors 6502

I get one or two AP pushes every day or so. BeejiveIM has been hit-or-miss as well. I'm thinking they don't have the issues worked out yet. Perhaps they should have started their high volume testing earlier than two weeks prior to the 3.0 release :D.

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

twitter also has no push app (apart for the little integration IM+ has)

6. rez07 macrumors member

7. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

+1 I was going to say about the same thing.

8. Jon-Luke thread starter macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

AP Mobile is a free app where as IM+ (The push version) is a payed app. Are there any other free apps out there using push and working well?

I'm also holding out for push from Gmail - it would save a lot of hassles, yahoo mail works okay, but Gmail lets you send mail using your original address, I've had the same email address for over 10 years I don't want to get a yahoo address just so that I can have push.

:rolleyes::apple:

9. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I have the AIM app (free version) and the push has been working perfectly. I'll have my wife message me with her iPhone and about 1 second later, I'll receive the push message for it.

10. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Yeah I was disappointed yesterday to see the ESPN app didn't include push.

11. joekun macrumors regular

Beejive's push has been working great for me, though the app itself has been quite buggy since the update.

12. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Beejive works great for me as well, especially in 3G S, which jumps into the chat page instantly.

13. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

AP Mobile has worked well for me. I've gotten at least a couple of news alerts a day since it started.