Is pwnage tool 3.1.4 jailbreak restoreable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jay2k6ie, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jay2k6ie macrumors newbie

Hi,

I had trouble with the blackra1n jailbreak so im looking into using pwnage tool 3.1.4 for my 3GS 3.1.2 instead because I hear its a good alternative.

I just want to make sure I can restore back to normal if I need to if something goes wrong. Im not extremely good with these things and the 'custom ifsw' is kinda making me nervous..

I assume that I can easily get the factory apple ifsw and just do a normal restore if needed? Just dont want to get stuck and not be able to restore to normal.

Also do I need to be connected to the internet on my mac when im jailbreaking or can I just run the pwnage tool without the internet? (my mac isnt connected to the internet currently)

Cheers

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Yeah, you can restore easily if something goes wrong. Just hit restore in iTunes and it'll download the official ipsw. And you don't need to be online while using the app.

3. jay2k6ie thread starter macrumors newbie

tried jailbreaking with pwnage 3.1.4 but I ended up getting an error in itunes after I selected the custom isfw I got an error saying 'unable to restore: error 1604'... Kinda fed up of trying to jailbreak now..lol

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Yeah I got that last time I used it. I gave up and used blackrain.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Don't give up so easily! Did you have your iPhone connected to PwnageTool when you created your firmware? Did you follow the instructions after the firmware was created for pwning a not-previously-pwned phone? Were you trying to restore in regular mode, Recovery mode, or DFU mode?