IS question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xSinisterStrike, Apr 7, 2012.

1. xSinisterStrike macrumors newbie

Okay so yesterday lunchtime *Its's 8;45am now* I installed the front Zagg IS for my iPhone 4 and when I was done I noticed 4/5 small bubbles and little white dots/lines scattered across the screen which I assumed were microbubbles. This morning it looks the same but a less messy. Do you think they'll go away in a day or two?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This is why I never by these things...No mater how careful you are, you get bubbles. As to your question, maybe over time they will shrink in side, but I doubt they will ever disappear completely.

3. xSinisterStrike thread starter macrumors newbie

What would you recommend? I had PS on my 3G but I wanted to try IS to see what it was like. Might just get PS again.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

TBH, I don't use one, not on my iPad or my phone....I just clean after use. I must have tried them all, even had friends try applying them...ALways got bubbles. My devices are fine without them.

5. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

They should go away in a day or two UNLESS they're dust particles caught underneath it. Another problem, too, that Zagg doesn't tell you is that you have to avoid using the touchscreen as much as possible within the first 24 hours. I mean, you can still use your phone, but keeping it in your pocket, playing Fruit Ninja, or anything that could potentially disrupt the adhesive as it dries could affect the IS.

6. xSinisterStrike thread starter macrumors newbie

I doubt it's dust because I did the shower method. Maybe I'm just being impatient haha.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

They've always disappeared for me. I don't use the IS any more for other reasons.

I'd recommend reading the countless screen protector threads to se what sounds like it would be a good match for you. Or posting what you're looking for in a screen protector and/or what you have liked/disliked about former screen protectors. Just as using one is a subjective matter which one is also a subjective matter.

8. xSinisterStrike thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll give it a day or two...If it hasn't cleared I'll buy the PS.