Is Quicktime Apple's most Hated program?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kingpin52, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Kingpin52 macrumors newbie

With all the backlash over the Final Cut Pro release it still seems to me that Quicktime is the most annoying, un-apple-esq program that they offer. It needs updating all the time, crashes, overrun's other programs etc. Do you think it's the worst program released by Apple ever?

2. simsaladimbamba

Which QuickTime Player version (7 or X) do you mean?

I haven't had such problems as you describe, and I disagree with your statement.

I even used QT Player in my Windows days in the 90s, as it was far better than other players at that time.

Nowadays I prefer VLC and Movist, but for .mp4 and .mov files, QT Player is still good.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

What kind of absurd question is this? QuickTime Player is just fine. On the PC I've heard complaints, but no one complains about anything other than Quicktime not supporting some obscure media codec on the Mac, and that's usually fixable with Perian.

jW

4. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

I have no idea what you're talking about. Quicktime is a wonderful video player, screen capture and audio capture program. Install Perian to play pretty much every video format. And it's definitely apple-esque.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I will second that motion. They changed the icones for Podcasts, again. I had just gotten used to the new ones.

Also, the less said about the Windows version the better.