Is RapidWeaver good for forum design?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by GadgetCollector, Apr 9, 2009.

1. GadgetCollector macrumors newbie

I was wondering if you could use RapidWeaver as a web page editor for forums... is that possible? :confused:

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

You mean using WYSIWYG mode for template/theme editing? Yes, but honestly it depends on the forum - some insert alot of metachars so a simple plain old text editor like BBEDIT does the job nicely, too. In terms of adjusting the code layer of any software, RapidWeaver excels in my opinion and it's why it is suggested by a lot of users on this forum. It's not the only solution for that, everyone has their own likes and methods, but it certainly is popular for such applications. If you meant something else, need more specificity, please.

-jim

3. GadgetCollector thread starter macrumors newbie

That's great! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! I'm starting my own forum and I've been finding a way to have it customized just the way that I like. I've never used RapidWeaver before or any other apps like it, but my friend told me that it's a great program if you're making a site. Now I'm studying how to use it properly. :D Thanks again, dude!