Is recent software update safe to install?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by betman, May 15, 2019 at 2:24 AM.

1. betman macrumors 6502

betman

I'm using the ATV3. Any issues or things broken with this latest release?

Still have trauma from years back after an update messed a lot of things up and took months before the next one was released that cleaned it all up. So just checking with you guys to make sure... :)

2. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

I'm running the latest release on two third generation units with no issues.

3. Tech198 macrumors G5

Safe here as well..

I've always had issues with ATV 3 loosing Wi-fi connections from day 1, so i don't use Wi-fi anymore to connect. Its not a signal issue as its its signal in strong under "About" its just decides to disconnect randomly, so i always use Eithernet now.

W-Fi Channel is uncluttered as its set to manual mode.

4. nollimac macrumors regular

nollimac

I also have an ATV3 that's on OS 7.2.2, and it says 7.3 is available; however, I cannot get it to upgrade...keep getting try again later...does anyone knows what's up with that?

5. Tech198, May 18, 2019 at 6:36 PM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Tech198 macrumors G5

Really the only solution : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202118#3rd

You could do a "Reset All Settings" from Settings >> General instead, but you may run to the same problem later anyway.

Doing a restore will restore ATV back to factory defaults, so you'll need to sign back into iTunes, Home sharing or other apps like Netflix