Is safari crashing constantly for anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radiating, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Radiating macrumors 65816

About 5 times per day safari tries to visit a website and instead crashes the whole application. I've had this problem on 3 separate iPhones that I've owned but all. 3 are running the same iCloud backup. I haven't really been able to find any articles online about this issue. Is this happening to anyone else.

The issue seems related to the way certain websites are coded. For example cracked.com often crashes 10 times before accessing the page, while other websites that display ads crash only intermittently (I'm guessing it has to do with the as content being coded a certain way).

Is this common? It seems like a ridiculous problem.

2. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I had this issue with my iPad 2. Had to clear history, and cashe and reboot the iPad. Really dumb, and I still have no idea why it happened.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Cracked.com is fine on my 5s. Done any of the standard troubleshooting? Does this happen on a stock device or are you testing only after restoring to it?

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

6. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Yes about twice a day.

Ill be loading multiple sites and it takes me to my home screen. Then i reopen and all is good, just something mildly annoying.

Also sometimes it will take me to the app store to download candy crush? Wth

7. seble macrumors 6502a

Safari crashes very frequently on my iPhone 5S. I've only noticed this since I've not had access to my iPad, and thus am using the browser on my iPhone more.

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Yes mine does when am impatient and before it finish downloading the page, I ask it to pan, zoom whatever and it goes like, hey don't rush me! and if I insist, it just goes, yeah, I don't play that game! CRASH

Stoopid temperamental Safari.

9. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

It only crashes if I have a lot of apps running in the background, lots of safari tabs open, or I'm running a safari we page that is graphically intense

10. Radiating thread starter macrumors 65816

Just an update. I got a replacement iPhone 5S and a brand new iPad mini retina with zero programs and no icloud backup installed on it and both still keep crashing randomly.

This is utterly ridiculous.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

iOS 7.1 should be fixing these types of issues (once it's out).

12. cynics macrumors G3

Apple is well aware of the issue and has Beta's out that fix most of the Safari crashing issues. All we can do is be patient....