Is Safari for Windows Abandonware?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by kilowattradio, Mar 6, 2014.

1. kilowattradio macrumors regular

kilowattradio

There hasn't been an update to Safari for Windows since 2012. Is Apple just letting it die a slow death?

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

My guess.....

is exactly as yours......:confused:.....And being forced by work to be in Windows environments, I would like to have an updated Safari......

But then, Apple sometimes let things untouched and uncommented by long time, while pondering their worth or priorities are in other places.....So maybe, there are slim hopes for a refresh....:D

:):apple:

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It's already dead. Apple removed all mention of it from the main page back in 2012. I'm sure the only reason it's still available through the support pages is so people have something to sync their bookmarks to.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Looks like Apple realised it was a lost cause. It always ran terribly anyway. Good riddance.

5. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

It was a total abnomination.

On the other hand, OS X and iOS versions have always been great.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It was an aweful port, I tried it, and found it to be inferior to the other browsers. I'll say that is probably abandoned by apple.

7. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

It seems Safari for Windows was made available to help create web-clips designed for iOS, or rather iPhone OS back in the days when the iPhone 1 was just released.
    That "cause" plus some internet-bashing helped Apple quite Safari for Windows.

You cannot download Safari through Apple Software Update for Windows for some time now.