Is Safari snappier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skeen, Jan 15, 2008.

1. skeen macrumors 6502

Anyone noticed any improvements in performance, or anything like that? Just wondering if they improved overall stability in this release.

2. fiftydollarshoe macrumors regular

Yes I would say that it is...... a lot quicker...

3. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Same have been said for every software upgrade and the reality is that there is no real improvement as far as speed goes.

4. skeen thread starter macrumors 6502

That's not true, though. The recent updates make the processor run a little faster - so I'm curious if any such changes have been made to this release, as well as bug fixes, etc.

5. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Yes I have noticed that Safari as well as the entire system has been running much smoother. The animations of a window opening and closing are much beefier and quicker. They also appear to have more body and speed to them as well. There is definitely a change of speed. I am doing tests on the music stopping while browsing I shall report back in a bit on that.

6. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

It would appear that it has been FIXED! Thank god this is fantastic. I had 2 tabs open one at cbs.com one at nytimes and then a 3rd later at xbox.com and the music never stopped cranking.

7. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

well, i'm crossing my fingers about the ipod / safari issue. Time will tell, but so far so GOOD!!:)

8. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

I got the same impression, honestly. I'm SOOO happy that the iPod stopping bug is fixed! If true, that is :p

One of the main reasons I got an iPhone is because of the great software updates. Hell I'd pay for them if it got them adding features more often :D

9. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

To those speaking of being able to listen to music and browse all your websites now, let me ask you this: Can one listen to music and have 1, 2, or 3 pages of websites open and not have the iPhone clear its cache (clear all but one webpage out). Can it have 3 different Safari windows open while still listening to music, and all of them remain populated with content?

10. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

Sorry folks, but I just tried out listening to music while surfing and had Safari crash. I had 2 tabs open and Safari crashed while rendering a page. The music kept playing, though. That's a slight improvement.

So annoying! Why can't Apple get this right? Isn't this supposed to be core functionality?

:mad:

--DotComCTO

...from my iPhone

11. dwreck macrumors member

nope....and that's such a pet peeve. with pages so slow to load over EDGE, it'd be nice not to have to reload them unnecessarily just because you exited Safari briefly

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Safari isn't any snappier but slightly more stable for me. Less crashes than usual :(