Is Safari web browsing terrible on the iPhone 5S just like the iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Apr 29, 2014.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Do the tabs reload constantly preventing you from typing long posts but unable to switch tabs for copying and pasting because as soon as you switch, the tabs reload making you lose all your work?

I don't understand why Safari tabs reload on my iPad Air but not on my iPhone 5, even though the Air was released a year later? Just wondering if the iPhone 5S have the same tab reload issue?

2. Dave245 macrumors 601

No issues with my iPhone 5S, works perfectly. I use Safari a lot on my phone and on my iPad, I haven't had any issues with my iPad 3 either.

3. CPx macrumors 6502

My iPhone 5 can hold many more tabs than the Air. But let's not forget that the phone is often using the mobile version of websites that aren't weighed down with 5000 javascripts serving 5000 ads and other dynamic content. I'm not saying that necessarily explains all the difference, but it must play a part.

My Air seems to have improved since 7.1 though.

4. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I do not have the issue on my iPad Air that you seem to on yours. Perhaps you should do a restore?

5. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? 7.1 did nothing for me on my Air. Tabs still reload. And Safari does crash once in a while, although much less than before.

Should I bring my Air to the Apple store and have them take a look at it?

6. Merkie macrumors 68020

No, software issues can only be fixed by software updates.

7. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 5S doesn't have this issue.

8. zipa macrumors 65816

The 5S hasn't got any more RAM than the Air, plus it needs to keep the phone subsystems up and running all the time as well, so it will likely have the same or worse performance if used the same as the Air. But since you aren't having any issues with your use of the iP5, you shouldn't have any issues with the 5S either. You probably just using the Air more heavily than your phone.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

No issues here with two tabs on my iPad Air (my first time using safari). :apple:

10. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

I find it hard to believe the gentlemen further up the thread does not have this issue with his iPad 3. That issue plauges the iPad 3.

Now why can't everyone give us 3GB ram like Samsung do :p