Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
I mean so that Safari remembered your zoom setting as you navigated the internet like it did before Mavericks was released.

Thanks

(this really does my tits in. I know you can get extensions to do something similar, but they always end up broken or displaying website all messed up)

(i even emailed Tim Cook moaning about this a few months ago. He never bothered replying or reading it probably :( )

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
It does remember the zoom if you zoom by clicking on dedicated "A" buttons. However I would personally prefer to zoom less than one click gives me, but manual zooming is not remembered unfortunately.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
I don't understand what the problem? Why have the crippled my internet browsing experience? I don't see the point in having 'fullscreen apps', if only the background wallpaper of the apps are fullscreen and not the actual useful areas!

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
In case you or others have not seen this - you can make the text size bigger by default in Safari preferences -

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 12.51.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 12.51.00 PM.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 234

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
In case you or others have not seen this - you can make the text size bigger by default in Safari preferences -

That's not the same.
You want to keep the ratio between small normal and big fonts as it is. Don't mess with that too much.

I don't understand what the problem? Why have the crippled my internet browsing experience? I don't see the point in having 'fullscreen apps', if only the background wallpaper of the apps are fullscreen and not the actual useful areas!

Sorry but I'am not sure no more what do you want :D
And just for the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with full screen, maybe you just don't know how to enlarge the window (option + click on that green button)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.