Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ying yang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
A few weeks ago the Webkit nightlies stopped launching on my machine. About five of them crashed immediately on startup. Then one finally worked but Saft doesn't load with it or any of the subsequent nighties either. I've updated Saft and updated Safari, nothing helps. I contacted the dev about but got no reply. My adblocking Input Manager still loads with Webkit so it definitely seems to be a problem with Saft and not just all Input Managers.

Is there any workaround anybody knows of or info about a fix? Thanks.

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
I have exactly the same issue... Only noticed now how much I enjoyed Saft now that it is gone in WebKit. Sadly, even WebKit without Saft beats Safari in my opinion, but I want Saft back!

Pit

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Either of you using Safari 3.2? If you are, it should come as no surprise that Saft broke - it always breaks when Apple updates Safari.

silvestrov

macrumors newbie
alternative?

... My adblocking Input Manager still loads with Webkit so it definitely seems to be a problem with Saft and not just all Input Managers.

Is there any workaround anybody knows of or info about a fix? Thanks.

If you can do with the ad blocking only (and not all of the other features of Saft), GlimmerBlocker might be an alternative. It's an http proxy instead of an InputManager, so it doesn't break when you upgrade Safari, and it works perfectly with WebKit nightlies etc.

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
Either of you using Safari 3.2? If you are, it should come as no surprise that Saft broke - it always breaks when Apple updates Safari.

Yes, I'm using Safari 3.2. Saft was already updated to that version - and as I said, it works with Safari 3.2, but not with WebKit...

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Yes, I'm using Safari 3.2. Saft was already updated to that version - and as I said, it works with Safari 3.2, but not with WebKit...
Hmm, that's odd. Perhaps Apple made some sort of change to the WebKit nightlies that makes Saft not work with them anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.