is Saurik's server is down?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by T4R06, Jul 29, 2010.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

it was accidentally upgraded mine to 3.2.1 but i do have a backup on cydia "make my life easier"

i am trying to downgrade to 3.2 but no luck! i also edit my hosts..

anyone?

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Did you

a) replace a file in the OS's system folder to make iTunes look for Saurik's server instead of Apple's server
    b) get past the verifying part but ended up getting error 1015 or something else after a few minutes of restoring

If A), then that's what you're missing.
    If B), then you can just use RecBoot or iRecovery to make it bootable.

3. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

A)I just edit the file in the OS (hosts) and add to the last the saurik server.
    2)never get 1015 error.. That's what I want to see and simply click the reboot..

I'm getting error 30xx or sometime not allowed etc etc...

4. 3282868 macrumors 603

That means that iTunes is rejecting the firmware as it can't be "verified" by apple. Make sure you have the right ip address in your hosts file pointing to gs.apple.com and make sure the 3.2 IPSW is legit. Beyond that you can try tinyumbrella, a program that let's you verify that your iPad has its SHSH blob stored on Sauriks server (it will also list any other device SHSH files you may have saved).

5. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

i verified with tinyumbrella... man im dead.. no shsh saved.

it was clear when im on 3.2 jailbroken and cydia indicates that my shsh has been saved.. oh boy, all i have to do is wait, wait, wait....

6. 3282868 macrumors 603

I'm in the same boat. I had my iPad jailbroken but before I could save my SHSH on Cydia, it froze. Apple wouldn't let me install 3.2 on 3.2, so to unbrick it I was stuck updating to 3.2.1 with no SHSH blob (thankfully I saved my SHSH blob for my iPhone 4 before Apple stopped allowing sigs).

Until Spirit releases their update for 3.2.1 we will have to wait (Spirit is ready for the iPad but Comex doesn't want to release it until it's 100% for iPhone 4, could be this weekend, could be next month).

7. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

There's a rumor tonight at midnight. ****rain LOL
    And another one called sedna by comex...

8. 3282868 macrumors 603

HAHAHA I googled the first one, HIL-AR-I-OUS. Sedna appears to be fake :(. I guess we'll have to wait for the next Spirit. It's a shame he won't release one version for the iPad and then once he fixes the FaceTime issue release the iPhone 4 jailbreak later. As I'm sure others have, I paid for certain applications for the jailbreak through Cydia, and I can't use them lol. Oh well...

...and odd your SHSH wasn't saved. Bummer! Try tinyumbrella again, some were claiming the server was/is so over loaded that information was getting through. You never know...