Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGeekAZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
I have a 2008 pre-unibody MacBook Pro. The areas on either side of the trackpad have lots of nicks, scratches, and little pitted areas as a result of use. I just ordered a new MacBook Air. Do you have this problem with your MacBook Air? If so, I'm thinking of getting some decals to protect the area. I want to keep my new computer looking good. I just don't know if MacBook Airs are prone to this issue or not.

Thanks!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I have a 2008 pre-unibody MacBook Pro. The areas on either side of the trackpad have lots of nicks, scratches, and little pitted areas as a result of use. I just ordered a new MacBook Air. Do you have this problem with your MacBook Air? If so, I'm thinking of getting some decals to protect the area. I want to keep my new computer looking good. I just don't know if MacBook Airs are prone to this issue or not.

Thanks!

I had this issue many years ago on my g4 MacBook but since the 2008 unibody which I still think is an awesome machine (got rid last year) I have had no issues and I've have c2d models i5's right through different sizes up to my current 2013 MBA.

I do not and never will put any kind of protector on the palm rests of my machines I think it takes away from the original design.

MacGeekAZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Thanks. It sounds like it is a problem with the pre-unibody computers, but not the newer ones. That's good to know.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I've seen scratching and change in color, but not pitting. Anyways I use a Moshi Palmguard mainly so my watch doesn't scratch my computer (or rather vice versa).

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009

Thanks!

no

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.