Is selling an iPad the only way to go?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Foxykhat, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Foxykhat macrumors member

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Just wondering if selling an iPad is the only way to go? I'm in the Caribbean and the nearest Apple Store to me might be Puerto Rico (if there is a store there). If not then it's Miami or New York.

Myself and a friend are looking at getting the new iPad, we both own the iPad2, mines is the 64gb 3G + wifi. It's difficult to sell here because of the exchange rate from our currency to us. Plus people looked at me crazy when I said I was selling my not a full year yet iPad for US$500.00-US$600.00. We can't sell on Ebay or Craiglist.

So we were wondering if Apple take trades? If so can we walk into an apple store and upgrade? Will the original purchaser have to be there (his case his father).

Thanks in advance.

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

No trades, that's silly - you can't do that unless you bought your ipad 14 days or less ago. So yes, you have to sell your iPad and buy a new one.

3. Foxykhat thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

I figured as much but I just wanted to ask first instead of telling him frankly no, not gonna happen.

I for one was not thinking along that route. I already had my funds set aside (got it as a christmas gift). I would still like to sell my iPad2 though but most likely will give it to my hubby as he's still using the iPad1.

F