Is Skype Credit worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Apr 3, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

So i've been considering getting skype credit purely so i can make international calls but want to be sure the rates are decent

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I think the rates are amazing. Particularly if you call a land line (cell numbers are generally much higher).

But if you want a direct comparison then compare the $0.02/min on Skype with whatever it'd cost you to call from a landline abroad. I would use this (Skype) infinitely over an actual phone when I lived in the UK and would call home to California. Great deal!

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

Personally I think that skype is great value. I call the US regularly and it is the best value for me that I could find:)

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well just go and compare the rates on Skype's site with the rates offered by your telephone company. ;)

For me it's a no brainer…

Skype wins everytime.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The rates are decent. To certain countries prepaid phone cards are cheaper though.

6. Wicker macrumors regular

I use Skype to call international landlines regularly as I feel the rates are very good. You should compare, but I get much more talktime with Skype than with any prepaid card I have tried

7. macgrl macrumors 65816

Depending on how much you use it you can get a monthly unlimited package for a set price.:)

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have unlimited US & Canada. It makes for great antics when you host and bridge computer users to phone ones.

They give you a small amount of credit and I haven't be able to use up all of it over the past two years. An hour international is less than a dollar for me.

9. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Wow looks like positive reviews all round and the rates are decent. Im gonna try it out