is snap shot of screen downloading

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 1jmx, May 11, 2009.

1. 1jmx macrumors newbie

hello I'm new here, forgive me if I'm in the wrong place,
    Can some one explain? if I take a snap shot of my desk top of a web site is that downloading, thats it thank you, surf's up .

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You need to explain yourself better. Are you asking how to take a screen shot, or how to take a screen shot of a webpage? Or something totally different?

3. 1jmx thread starter macrumors newbie

snap shot

hello, yes is taking a snap shot of my desk top while i have a web page open down loading, I have just snaped this forum page so have I downloaded it or not?, My logic says No, Computer say's No, If I turn off my internet connection the web page is still on my desktop so if i take a snap of it is that still downloading.

Thanks

4. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

im sorry, i really think you need to rephrase that a little more elaborately. i still dont know what your trying to ask

Taking a snapshot of your desktop while your browsers downloading window is up?
    you need to minimize the browswer or whatever if you want to take a snapshot of your desktop.

im not sure what your trying to ask

5. 1jmx thread starter macrumors newbie

snap shoot

hello thomahawk, if I am looking at some ones web site and i take apicture of that page with the "snap shot" up arrow-command-4 does this mean i have downloaded that page,

cheers

6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

You haven't downloaded anything. You have taken a screenshot which is just a picture

7. 1jmx thread starter macrumors newbie

snaped off

thank you roy

would the other chaps like an english lesson

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

While the other "chap" has problems understanding the difference between you're and your, I think you're the one who more urgently needs lessons in English.

9. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I second that... :cool: