Is someone trying to steal

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by woodekm, Oct 9, 2016.

1. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Is someone trying to steal my email address or get into my account?
    For the last week (maybe longer ) I've received 6 to 10 text a Day saying "Your Apple ID verification code is XXXX " with a random number generated every time. This happens on my iphone only and not my ipad.

Of course I'm not requesting this so someone is. What's the worst that could happen if they were to actually guess the 4digit code?

Not too worried but it's getting really annoying!

Also how can I tell if these text are being sent to my phone number or email address via message.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Have you turned on two factor authentication?

3. woodekm thread starter macrumors 65816

woodekm

Yea. Kind of a pain but yes.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Aren't the chances of guessing the 4-digit verification code something like 11,000 to 1? I'm no math wiz, so I'm guessing here. Can someone correct me please?

5. wxman2003 Suspended

Change your password! Someone has already got your password to that account, and since you have 2 step turned on, they can not access your info with just the password. If you turn it off, all they need is your password. They are trying to get you to turn off 2 step by constantly having apple send you the codes.