Is something wrong with my battery???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DAKnits, Jan 20, 2008.

1. DAKnits macrumors newbie

I am surprised how quickly my battery runs down, and I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my battery, especially after doing a search and reading posts about other people's experiences. I have 3 hours and 49 minutes of usage and 12 hours and 38 minutes of standby, and my battery is only 1/3 full. I charged the phone fully all night last night. Is this normal, or should I be concerned that there's something wrong? :confused:

I didn't surf the internet at all today, I onlychecked my AOL mail a couple of times. In fact, I was barely on the phone at all (definitely less than 30 minutes of talk time), but my daughter did play a Sesame Street Podcast over and over and over during the day.... it saved me while shopping at the mall and it's one of the best features when I need to get something done and she's ancy, but I don't want to end up with a dead phone b/c I'm using it as a portable DVD player. Do you think something might be wrong with my battery considering my usage time (less than 4 hours doesn't seem like a lot)?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Was the Sesame Street podcast played using the iPhone internal speaker and not headphones? Because in order of iPhone battery depletion rate, I've found playing any music or sound thru the speaker to be the highest consumer. Followed by internet, then using the phone (uses very little), then playing music thru your headphones (uses very little). But that speaker is a power whore for sure.

3. DAKnits thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the podcast was played using the internal speaker. I actually tried plugging in the headphones for her, but I heard nothing through them (is there some setting I have to change in order to hear the sound through the headphones?). This is very helpful information, thank you!!!

4. HoustonTexans macrumors newbie

Yes, there is something wrong. I had the same problem. I traded it for a new one for free from the apple store. This iphone lasts about two days with heavy usage. Wifi on at all times.

5. mrJnC macrumors regular

If the phone is not on a WiFi network, but on EDGE, and the reception is spotty... the battery will be taxed heavily, particularly if your email settings are every 15 minutes.