Carrier Is Sprint and Verizon iPhone 7+ the same model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Needs, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Needs, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

Needs macrumors newbie

I managed to get a iPhone 7+ on Sprint carrier. I intend to pay full price and not be under any carrier. Is the Sprint phone gonna be fully unlocked?

I will be using a AT&T / T-Mobile SIM card + overseas SIM card~

Just want to clarify because people always say either T-Mobile or Verizon only.

EDIT: oh, and do I need a Sprint account or something? (for reserve and pick up)

2. vdor macrumors member

vdor

It is fully unlocked. I did the same today, no Sprint account required to buy outright. I just stuck my T-Mobile SIM into the phone before turning it on and then got it up and running right away. If you visit the tech specs for the iPhone 7/7 Plus on Apple's site, you can see that both Verizon/Sprint models have the exact same CDMA and GSM antenna bands.

3. Needs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for sharing!
    If it really is otherwise, I can just do a return on the spot... right? hahaha

4. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Did this exact thing today. Actually a couple hours ago. Bought the sprint model, removed sim and inserted my T-Mobile. All good

5. vdor macrumors member

vdor

Yes.

6. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

But if you do this will the wifi calling and VOLTE work? I read somewhere that someone got a Verizon iPhone and he couldn't get those features with when he put his att SIM card in?

7. vdor macrumors member

vdor

I'm sure VOLTE works, but I haven't tried it yet. Wi-Fi Calling is working fine right now at home.

8. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

That's good to know. Thanks
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Did they ask for any information for a sprint account? I was going through the order process online to pick up in store and it wants Verizon/Sprint wireless number and a social so Apple can check your account.

9. Needs thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to check, and if you remove your current T-Mobile SIM card and replaced it with any other SIM cards (such as AT&T), it will still continue to work... right?

10. WilliamG macrumors G3

It's unlocked. So it will work on any network.