Is Sprint iPhone 5s on contract unlocked for overseas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Sep 23, 2013.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No!

But it can be unlocked, if you're a customer in good standing for 3 months, that means no late payments and you can't be on their spending limit plan.

3. rogeliojeda macrumors regular

What about the t-mobile version, can it be use overseas out of the box?

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Only if you buy it full price from Apple.

If you buy the T-Mobile one from a T-Mobile store then it's locked to T-Mobile

5. Doro macrumors newbie

Unlocking phones in the UK

In England it costs you £20 and takes 20 days to unlock a phone. I tried to use my iP5 with a French sim and was horrified to see that it was locked (to T mobile) and I had no idea. I tried the same Sim on my old iP4 which is now under an orange contract and same thing, locked. Same cost and time frame to have it unlocked. I had to spend hours on the phone to Orange, T mobile and Apple to find out.
    The iP5S I'm getting - when they decide to make the gold models available to meet my order - should be unlocked because it will be sold by Apple itself. I shall definitely check it.
    Rant over :)

6. hpereznoble macrumors newbie

hpereznoble

As far as I learned today, dis unlocks will only work for traveling and would last a short period before getting blocked again.

7. corys00 macrumors regular

I'll confirm this as being incorrect. Once an iPhone is flagged in the system to be unlocked, it is in fact, unlocked. The system is not relocking devices after a short period.