I recently (accidentally) statically shocked the bottom-right part of my rMBP and my screen displayed a sort of "digitized", pixilated and distorted haywire-like scrambling of the image (which would have been normal finder desktop). The image was really unrecognizable. This resolved quickly with a restart and since things have been operating normally I haven't bothered with any followup investigations. But I did become curious, remembering the days when we were taught that a small static shock in the wrong place could be fatal to your laptop and its data: Does static electricity still pose a danger to rMBPs (and other Apple electronics)? Or has Apple re-engineered their products to be more or less immune from its effects?