Is T-Mobile a possible choice for the next iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 24, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

For this year? Even if it's 3G only.
    I am pissed that AT&T wants to charge us extra for something that you already paid for to use. Like paying separate data for Facetime when we already have a data plan.

2. irDigital0l Guest

3G only?

Nope.

Just like how Sprint didn't make the cut for the iPad 3 LTE.

Apple wants everyone to get the full experience. Imagine an iPhone 5 that has 4G LTE but then only has 3G for T-Mobile.

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

T-Mobile's HSPA+ is about the same speed as AT&T's LTE in many places. That isn't to say that LTE won't be moving in a better direction over time, but, for now, I'll take 6-8Mbps regardless of the label.

4. al0513 macrumors 6502

Ehhhhhh HSPA+ sucks in a lot of places. I've never had a problem with LTE on my iPad.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I doubt it just because T-Mobile uses there own frequencies and are too small for Apple to care about. Does any other country even use those frequencies for 3G?

I'd rather the companies focus on getting full 3G speed everywhere and keep up with traffic load in cities first. Then roll out 4G. Rather than half ass rollouts.

It seems like much of the 3G is still no better than an ISDN line. How many of those 4G customers actually get the 4G LTE experience.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

ehh, I don't know about that. LTE I get like 20mbps with at&t and 12 on the low end.

7. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

At the store, I was getting 8Mbps down on the GS3. At home, it was around 1Mbps. We may not have the most developed LTE system yet with AT&T. Verizon produced a better result with 12Mbps. Being only a few miles from their corporate buildings, I would have expected the service to be among the best.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is crazy....that should be EDGE at 1mbps