Is T mobile iphone 6s bought at Apple store unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Oct 1, 2015.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Hey guys I bought a T mobile iphone 6s from Apple store. Paid it off. Is it unlocked for att?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

It should be, Take off the sim card that came with it and insert the AT&T Sim card and then turn on the device. Should work just fine.

3. tuffigirl macrumors newbie

Yes it is... I found the rose gold today at an Apple store in Maryland. Said it was T-Mobile but I've done this before. Reserved it, picked it up at 5pm, she put my sim in and AT&T showed right up. Didn't even have to come home and do a restore like I have in the past.

4. wargamer6 macrumors member

My 6S+ was bought as a T-Mobile version but I'm running it on AT&T with 0 issues.

5. ielessar macrumors regular

Bought mine from T-Mobile and paid full price, now I'm using it in Kuwait just fine.

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

The Verizon version is also unlocked, full price or contract !

7. tuffigirl macrumors newbie

Turns out I got the global model A1687 so I can use it anywhere and even switch to Verizon which will come in handy when I go to Maine... terrible AT&T coverage up there. Doesn't have band 30 but by the time that rolls around it'll be time for the iPhone 7. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but my LTE has vastly improved. Best iPhone yet. :)