Is text on a Plus easier to read?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maury, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Maury macrumors 6502

Two years ago I read two full length novels on my 4S. Since then my eyes have degraded considerable, and I find it difficult to focus on my 5S unless I hold it at a distance that makes it too hard to read. Getting old... yay.

So if anyone reading this has a similar issue, do you find that the Plus sized iPhones solve this? As I understand it they have the same resolution, right? So that would seem to mean text is physically larger? Does that help?

2. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

You probably want to use Accessibility settings to make good use of the iPhone Plus's increased real estate.

But if you read a lot of books, I can speak as an older person to the excellence of the iPad.

☺️

3. Maury thread starter macrumors 6502

No, actually I don't read books on it much or at all. But I do a LOT of web on my phone, and that's the same problem. Even address book and such are becoming issues.

4. Cryates macrumors 6502a

Not really. The text size is going to be the same regardless of which device you have. You would have to increase the text size in system settings to make it easier for you to read. What the display of the Plus does is show you more content on the screen at one time. You'll be swiping more on the smaller phone, but you won't actually be able to read the text any clearer.

5. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I am quite nearsighted, and have more issues with my eyes (increasing farsightedness) as I get older, and I have found the 6 Plus to be wonderful. I had the iPhone 5 before that, and while it was nice, the 6 Plus is considerably easier on my eyes. I have an iPad Air 2, and it is an excellent device, but I use my 6 Plus for reading books and web browsing all the time. Can't wait for the 6s Plus!

6. Cryates macrumors 6502a

The only way that text would be physically bigger on the 6S Plus vs the 6S, is if you were to use display zoom. Otherwise, the Plus would make it no less of a strain your eyes to read text than the 6S.

7. highlystrange macrumors member

highlystrange

I went with the 6 instead of the 6+ and was happy, in general. But reading webpages is a pain; I suspect the 6+ will make that a little better. I did adjust the size of the text and icons on my 6, but when you do that, there is less on the screen which means more swiping.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Don't forget about the reader view in Safari.