Is text on the iPhone 6 Plus bigger than the iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Jul 11, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Is the text on the iPhone 6S bigger than the 6 or do you just see more info on the 6S's screen at any given moment and hence you scroll less?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm pretty sure it depends on whether you have Zoomed mode enabled (which effectively renders everything at iPhone 6-size then enlarged) or Standard, which just displays more 'stuff'. Probably depends on your Dynamic Type settings too.

I have mine on Standard and Dynamic Type on one from the smallest so it ends up just showing a lot more than the 6, however I've seen people who use Zoomed mode with very large Dynamic Type, which is great if you have visual problems.

3. Smply_Rcklss macrumors newbie

Smply_Rcklss

U can also change the size of the font & make it bold.

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The latter is correct in standard viewing mode, and the former is correct with zoomed mode enabled.

5. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

I've compared them side by side in the store (both phones in Standard, not Zoom, mode; using Safari, which doesn't support dynamic type; each phone viewing the same page of a fixed-font mobile website [mobile.nytimes.com] that doesn't support pinch/tap-to-zoom)... and the text on the Plus was unquestionably bigger.

Used my 5c as a "control" -- its text was also bigger than the 6's. I even started a thread on this subject -- the 6's default text size seems too small for comfort.